Be a Sensitive and Smart Consumer!
You can be sensitive to concerns about the Earth and smart about your clothing choices! Read on to learn why fur is nature’s most beautiful, natural fiber and one of the most environment-sensitive choices you can make! Sensitive and smart consumers prefer natural fibers from organic sources. Leather, wool, fur, sheepskin, silk: these natural fibers are renewable, recyclable, and sustainable.
Read all about it
- The plight of the green fashionista. By Joanna Weiss, Boston Globe; Dec. 19, 2009.
- “Natural fibres like fur are good for the environment,” says UK poll. British Fur Trade Association, October 2001.
- Super duper recyclers – How fur farmers turn waste into beauty. FCUSA commentary; October 1999.
- Nothing to fear but fur itself. National Post (Canada), commentary; Oct. 31, 2008.
- Plastic bags on our backs FCUSA commentary; March 2008.
- Goodbye plastic people, hello “Wear your fur Friday” FCUSA commentary on Thanksgiving and “Fur Free Friday” in the US; November 2000.
- PeTA, HSUS condemn oil spill – not! Includes “At a glance: The PeTA guide to PC dress”. FCUSA commentary; November 2002.
- Ho, ho, ho! Plastic santas? FCUSA commentary; November 1998.
- Should You Be Faking It? Are you wearing fake fur and feeling just a tiny bit smug? By Sue Reid, Daily Mail; November 2004.
- Sensitive and smart consumers support responsible harvesting of animals, such as Canadian beaver and Western coyotes, helping keep land open and reducing competition for limited food so the animals are abundant and healthy.
- Bone up with: Management by majority. Who should decide if trapping should be banned – the public or wildlife professionals? By Ted Williams, former information officer with the Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife; June 1999.
- Sensitive and smart consumers support farmers and ranchers raising animals for fur, wool, leather, sheepskin and other products.
- Get the lowdown: Producers, consumers and clothing confusion Is mink fur really any different from sheepskin? Is its production really separate from the human food chain? FCUSA commentary; December 2000.
- One can, if careful, survive on a vegan diet. But 7 billion of us can’t, and even trying would be a disaster for the environment.
- Find out why: Let them eat cake! PeTA sees foot-and-mouth disease as the final solution FCUSA commentary; April 2001.
- A PeTA-esque conversation FCUSA commentary; November 1999.
- It’s going to be another cold winter. Dress warmly. Wear fur and show you are sensitive and smart. To find out how sensitive and smart you really are, read:
- A day at the races : The fur trade is so far ahead of politically correct, others are racing just to keep up. FCUSA commentary; July 2000.
- Fur Council of Canada (home page), and Fur Is Green
Originally published August 25, 2011.