Humane Care Certification
Fur Farming in Europe:
World Center of Farmed Fur Production
- Bontwijzer Industry site for the Netherlands. Dutch language.
- British Fur Trade Association
- Copenhagen Fur Centre
- Deutsches Pelzinstitut (DPI) German language.
- Dutch Fur Breeders (NFE) Dutch language.
- European Fur Breeders Association
- Finnish Fur Breeders Association
- Finnish Fur Sales
- Greek Fur Federation
- International Fur Trade Federation (Resolves/Redirects to wearefur.com)
- Italian Fur Federation (AIP)
- Pelsinform Industry site for Norway. Norwegian language.
- Swedish Fur Suppliers Association / Swedish Fur Trade Council
- Swiss Fur Association In German, French and Italian languages.
Articles / Press Releases:
- Sept. 14, 2011: Chairman of the board of Finnish Fur Sales: We are building a new Saga. Finnish Fur Sales press release.
- Aug. 31, 2011: Minister Fast reaffirms Canada’s support for sealing industry, highlights WTO challenge of unjust EU ban. Canadian Government press release.
- May 13, 2011: The fur trade to share its labelling expertise with European Commission. International Fur Trade Federation press release.
- Apr. 21, 2011: WTO to rule on Canada, Norway’s case against EU seal ban. Agence France Presse.
- Mar. 15, 2011: Norway submits sealing issue to the WTO. Norwegian Ministry of Fisheries and Coastal Affairs press release.
- Feb. 11, 2011: Ottawa’s WTO challenge of EU seal ban “a matter of principle”. Globe and Mail.
- Oct. 29, 2010: Inuit plan to appeal EU court decision to lift seal ban suspension. Joint media release by the Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami and the Fur Institute of Canada.
- Oct. 20, 2010: Seal ban challenge receives clarification by EU court. Joint media release by the Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami and the Fur Institute of Canada.
- Aug. 20, 2010: EU seal ban suspended. Inuit leaders question legality of ban on Canadian seal products. CBC News. (Outside link)
- June 6, 2010: Danish mink breeders look towards Iceland. Iceland Review Online.
- Apr. 14, 2010: Fur farmers retaliate against TV2 accusations. The Copenhagen Post.
- Feb. 18, 2010: Finnish Fur Sales has zero tolerance of animal welfare violations. Possible refusal to sell pelts or to extend financing to farms. Finnish Fur Sales press release.
- Jan. 13, 2010: Inuit groups sue EU over seal trade ban. CBC News.
- Nov. 5, 2009: Norway requests WTO consultations on EU ban on trade in seal products. Norwegian Royal Ministry of Foreign Affairs press release.
- Nov. 2, 2009: Canada requests WTO consultations on EU seal products ban. Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada press release. (Outside link)
- Aug. 31, 2009: Finnish fur industry challenges opponents in public statement. (Outside link)
- July 27, 2009: EU seal ban irresponsible and counterproductive. Fur Institute of Canada press release.
- July 27, 2009: Canada to fight EU seal product ban. CBC News. (Outside link)
- June 30, 2009: Finnish fur farmers: The Dutch ban on mink farming is far from being ethical. Finnish Fur Sales press release.
- May 29, 2009: Opinion polls suggest Canadian public support for Governor General’s praise of seal meat. Fur Institute of Canada press release.
- May 14, 2009: European politicians are breathtakingly hypocritical about sealskins. The Economist (UK). (Outside link)
- May 5, 2009: Canadian PM lands in seal-hunt showdown. Globe and Mail. (Outside link).
- May 5, 2009: MEPs adopt strict conditions for the placing on the market of seal products in the European Union. European Union press release. (Outside link).
- Apr. 21, 2009: Norwegian fur farmers content with Labour Party resolution. Norwegian Fur Breeders’ Association press release.
- Apr. 20, 2009: Norway threatens action if EU bans seal products. Reuters. (Outside link)
- Mar. 27, 2009: EU votes for full ban on seal products. Injustice is served: Council favors political expediency over science and law. Fur Institute of Canada press release.
- Dec. 22, 2008: The Dutch fur farmers’ last stand. The Netherlands is one of the biggest mink farming nations in the world but the industry is under attack. NRC Handelsblad. (Outside link)
- July 23, 2008: EU proposed seal products ban puts propaganda before animal welfare. Government of Nunavut news release.
- July 13, 2008: Sealers brace for impact on industry as EU discusses import ban. Canadian Press. (Outside link)
- Nov. 27, 2007: EU to ban trade in dog, cat fur. Deutsche Welle.
- June 19, 2007: MEPs call for a complete ban on the cat and dog fur trade in the EU. European Parliament press release.
- Nov. 20, 2006: Questions and answers on the proposal to ban cat and dog fur in the EU. European Union press release, MEMO/06/436.
- June 24, 2004: Denmark to leave Saga September 30. Furbusiness.com (Copenhagen Fur Centre) report.