U.S. Mink Production, 2004-2015
Past reports are archived by the USDA here (1970 to 1975 and 1977 to current) or can be downloaded from the chart below. Click here for the latest USDA statistics (PDF format). Click here for the latest Fur Information Council of America statistics on US retail fur sales. Click here for the latest International Fur Trade Federation statistics on global fur sales and production.
- MINK PRICES DROP AS GLOBAL PRODUCTION RISES. Mink prices have dropped this season after a prolonged period of gains. (April 29, 2014)
- US MINK PELT PRICES SKYROCKET WITH DEMAND IN CHINA. Demand for higher quality furs among the newly wealthy has helped push pelt prices to record levels and shielded U.S. farmers from the sluggish economy (Mar. 21, 2013).
- Industry & Trade Summary: Fur Skins. Report by the U.S. International Trade Commission (PDF).
- See also a review of this report by FCUSA. January 2004.
FCUSA commentaries on USDA data
- 2011: US mink production dips, auction prices surge to new high.
- 2010: US mink production edges up, auction prices rebound strongly.
- 2009: US mink production, auction prices dented by economic turmoil.
- 2008: Auction value of 2007 mink crop shatters record.
- 2007: Firm auction prices for mink spur increased breeding.
- 2006: Mink crop value surges on record pelt prices.
- 2005: Values of US mink pelts and crop approach new highs; Females bred up sharply.
- 2004: Prices rebound strongly for US mink farmers, production slips.
FCUSA annual State of the Industry reports
- US mink: State of the industry – 2011
- US mink: State of the industry – 2010
- US mink: State of the industry – 2009
- US mink: State of the industry – 2008