Animal Rights Opinions & Perspectives
Leaders of the animal rights and Earth “liberation” movements often deny that their agendas are extreme, but their own words tell a different story.
Most proponents of animal rights and Earth “liberation” do not live in close proximity with nature. They live in cities, and have little contact with nature, especially wildlife. Some may keep pets, but even that is frowned upon by animal rights leaders.
Believers in animal rights want domestic breeds of animal, including livestock and pets, to be eliminated, while those animals already “enslaved” should be “liberated” from human domination. Wildlife, meanwhile, should not be managed by humans, even if this means overpopulation, habitat damage, and massive die-offs from starvation and disease.
Animal rightitsts and Earth liberationists do not tell you that putting land under the plough to grow more crops reduces habitat for wildlife. They do not tell you that the planting, fertilizing and harvesting of crops cause the deaths of countless animals. They do nottell you that most synthetic clothing is made from petro-chemicals, causing pollution and resulting in a non-biodegradable product. And they do not tell you of the vital role played by animal protein in the human diet. If you don’t believe nature intended us to be omnivores, just look at your teeth!
Confused? You will be after hearing what these animal rights and Earth “liberation” leaders have to say.
Read, in their own words, their opinions and perspectives:
- Animal Defense League – Los Angeles (featuring Jerry Vlasak)
- Animal Liberation Front (ALF; incl. David Barbarash, Rod Coronado, Tim Daley, Katie Fedor, Ronnie Lee, Keith Mann, Peter Young, Robin Webb)
- Coalition to Abolish the Fur Trade (CAFT)
- Earth Liberation Front (ELF) / Craig Rosebraugh
- Humane Society of the United States (HSUS)
- North American Animal Liberation Press Office (NAALPO)
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PeTA)
- Wicklund, Freeman (Compassionate Action for Animals; Animal Liberation League; Mercy for Animals)
- Yourofsky, Gary; ADAPTT, PeTA; Animal Defense League – Los Angeles
- Abbott, Erin; activist, Ocean Defense International
- Amory, Cleveland; founder, Fund For Animals
- Best, Dr. Steven; University of Texas professor
- Churchill, Ward; University of Colorado professor
- Conroy, Jake; Sea Defense Alliance and other groups
- DeRose, Chris; President, Last Chance for Animals
- F.A.R.M. (Farm Animal Reform Movement)
- Katz, Elliot; CEO, In Defense of Animals
- Manson, Charles
- Marino, Camille (Negotiation Is Over)
- New Jersey Animal Rights Alliance
- Nocella, Tony; co-founder, Radical Education Community; president, Houston Animal Rights Team; Center for Animal Liberation Affairs
- Singer, Peter; author of “Animal Liberation”; founder of International Association of Bioethics
- Vegetarians International Voice for Animals